20 Jan Vacancy: Lectureship in intercultural communication and education
Lecturer In Education
- Reference Number: 3252
- Location: Durham City
- Faculty/Division: Social Sciences and Health
- Department: Education
- Grade: Grade 7
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary (£): 30728 – 36661
- Closing Date: 7 February 2014
To contribute to the School’s current excellent research profile and to assist with teaching and supervision across the School’s range of programmes. Applications however will be particularly welcome from candidates who can contribute to the field of intercultural and international education.
Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in the University.
The successful candidate will contribute to the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate Education programmes. Recruitment and supervision of postgraduate research students will be an element of this position. Opportunities to contribute to the School’s outstanding Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Training Programmes will be available for those with appropriate skills and experienceResearch:
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake research in any field of Education that will contribute to the School’s research profile. S/he will be expected to demonstrate a research profile that can contributes to the next Research Excellent Framework.
In addition to a full C.V. applicants are asked to supply a letter of application which includes a detailed three-year plan for research output and funding.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake administrative responsibilities as allocated by the Head of School.
• An Honours degree or its equivalent
• A record of research publications that would enhance the School’s research profile
• Special knowledge of an area which can enhance the School of Education
• Clear plans for pursuing future research grants
• Skills and competences – ability to work as part of a team .
• Excellent communicator, orally and in writing .
• Ability to teach effectively at postgraduate and undergraduate level .
• Ability to provide research supervision for Masters and Doctoral studentsDesirable Criteria
• Postgraduate qualification
• Doctorate .
• Experience of teaching in the university sector .
• A record of excellent teaching in the curriculum development of the university sector .
• A successful record of obtaining external research funds
• A record of successful administration in the academic sector .
• Ability to provide administrative leadership .
• Ability to provide research support and leadership.